Thursday, October 27, 2011

Working Backwards: The Dresden Files

I've set up a list of current books I'm reading (technically, there are more than three, but the other one I've actually started reading is for research purposes, and I've put that particular project on hold for a little while), but I'd also like to start listing the other books I've read recently. My wife and I picked up Kindle readers this year (after using the free software on our various phones and computers), so I'll probably start with the titles I've read there, along with the books we picked up on our vacation trip to DC this summer.

So - first up is the entire run of Jim Butcher's Dresden Files novels, plus the short story collection:

  1. Storm Front
  2. Fool Moon
  3. Grave Peril
  4. Summer Knight
  5. Death Masks
  6. Blood Rites
  7. Dead Beat
  8. Proven Guilty
  9. White Night
  10. Small Favor
  11. Turn Coat
  12. Changes
  13. Ghost Story
  14. Side Jobs (short stories)
I chewed through these pretty quickly - Butcher's protagonist, Harry Dresden, is a fun character to read. The series is selling well enough that Butcher can get away with cliffhanger endings (at least on the last 2 novels), so I'm looking at the short-lived TV series to fill in part of the gap while I wait for the 14th novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment